Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pledge a dollar per mile I run on Saturday

This Saturday I’m running with the good folks at the wnctrailrunner wikispace. We’ll be doing laps on the trails at the Alexander Mountain Bike Park, also known as the Dump. I’ll run at least five laps of the seven-mile loop; if it’s a better day, I’ll run 5 ½ laps. If it’s a great day, I’ll run 6 laps. No matter what, I’ll have my longest training run before the Ice Age Trail 50 miler that is my goal race, and my longest run ever.

I’m asking you to join my friend Jason who has pledged a dollar for every mile I run on Saturday. The money all goes to Team Fox, whose proceeds benefit the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Disease Research. Team Fox is not paying for my trip, nor for my entry fee, so I only benefit in getting your support for my run and my effort to raise $5000. The Michael J. Fox Foundation has funded $313 million in research for Parkinson's, which has no cure. In fact, many of the symptoms of PD are actually side effects of the drugs used to control the disease. Eighty-eight cents of every dollar you donate goes to fund that research.
Join me: click on the Team Fox logo on the right side of this page to go directly to my donation page.

No comments:

Post a Comment