Sunday, June 3, 2012

Week One: Week ending June 3


Mon 5/28  3 miles
Tue 5/29  Not a lick of time as I prepared to go out of town for work.
Wed 5/30 5 miles in Chapel Hill, NC. In town for a conference, staying on the UNC campus. Just down the street from the hotel is a greenway built along the sewer right-of-way, and a pile of attendant trails that loop around in the woods.
Thu 5/31  AM 2 1/2 miles. A nice little loop through Carrboro with some folks at the conference.
PM  4 1/2 miles on the greenway trails.  It’s been a long time since I ran twice in a day. I knew the early run would be short, and I thought it would be a good way to get to see more of Chapel Hill. 


May totals: 172 1/2 miles in 25 runs
Year to date: 853 1/2 miles in 131 runs
Fri 6/1  2 1/2 miles around the UNC campus with my buddy Tim, who’s doing an Ironman in Coeur d’Helene, Idaho in a couple of weeks. 
Sat 6/2  14 miles at Croft with Gordon.  Still working on the general nutrition. Gordon’s recommendation: more whole grains, like oatmeal, for breakfast. In my late-run fatigue, I stubbed my toe pretty hard on a rock and fell. My toe is very sore, which worries me. I have to remember that I won’t add any fitness in the next couple of weeks anyway. 
from Dairy Ridge: Palmetto to TC’s to the Lake Trail to New Edition
Sun 6/3  I had hoped to run another two+ hours today, but my toe is tender, especially when I push off and when I turn. I don’t want to aggravate it, and am a little worried, to tell the truth. I’ve been icing it all day, and figure I’ll have an easy  two weeks leading to the race. I’m focusing on eating well, and enough. 
Total: 31 1/2 miles in 6 runs


This is also the end of the first of fifty weeks leading to the Ice Age 50 next May 11. 

No comments:

Post a Comment