- There is a $350 fine for honking in New York City. We rode in a Prius cab; the quiet was deafening.
|Quiet ride over some bridge into Queens.|
2. No right-on-red anywhere in New York City.
3. When there is a culture of walking, few cars enter the crosswalk at a red light. They’d probably get pounded verbally and physically.
4. Walking through Grand Central at rush hour, few people bump into each other. Walking through Times Square anytime there’s lots of bumping. Tourists.
|Grand Central Station, 3:30 pm|
|Times Square, 3 pm, with Sweet Child.|
5. Nothing like a subway station when it’s 96 degrees out.
|Hot, but entertaining.|
6. Yankee Stadium is awesome, but $11 for a beer?
7. There is an amazingly efficient use of space in New York City.
|Upper West Side|
|Flea market in Greenwich Village|
8. I don’t care what you say, folks in New York City are friendly.
|Naked Cowboy, friendly for tips.|
|Crazy, but friendly.|
9. I thought I’d see more bikes than I did. The protected bike lanes are pretty cool.
|The cars beside the lane are parked, and |
buffer bikes from traffic.
10. Talking on a cell phone without a hands-free device is illegal in New York, Connecticut, and New Jersey. Why not here?
11. Fruit carts!
|Why not here?|
12. Street music!
|Washington Square Park.|